It’s not easy to predict how a jury will react to your case, but The Derrick Law Firm’s focus groups can provide the qualitative feedback you need to ensure your theories, themes, witnesses, and demonstratives are sending the desired message. Taking the time to test your case with our focus group can provide valuable insight into whether you should settle out of court or take your chances with a trial. The focus group video footage offers evidence you can use to pressure the defendant's insurance company to settle or to inform your client of how their case may be viewed.
Focus Group Options
At Derrick Law Firm, we offer two options for attorneys who would like to take advantage of our focus groups:
- Cost basis. Pay one fee to perform one or more focus groups.
- Co-counsel. We’ll conduct pre-litigation, pre-mediation, and pre-trial focus as part of a co-counsel agreement where we’ll be assisting with specific aspects of the case.
We believe focus groups are the best thing you can do to help your clients receive the full value for their personal injury or wrongful death claims, and we’ll be happy to work with you to determine the best option for your particular needs.
Learn What to Expect From Horry County Jurors
Our mock jurors are carefully screened to ensure an accurate representation of Horry County demographics. Each juror answers 90 questions before selection, discussing potential biases related to:
- Whether personal injury cases arise out of greedy people trying to get money they didn’t earn
- Whether there should be a maximum amount juries can give for pain and suffering
- Whether victims are partially at fault for their injuries for not paying attention to their surroundings
- Whether it’s possible to be seriously injured in a car accident even if your vehicle is not severely damaged
- Whether actions such as drunk driving, texting while driving, or driving without a license justify punitive damages
Our focus groups provide:
- A demographically correct 12-person jury with background information on each juror and their pre-presentation opinions or biases
- Answers to specific pre-presentation questions you’d want to ask regarding your case
- Answers to questions you’d like anonymously answered during your presentation
- Video of jurors deliberating your case and reaching a verdict
- Video of a post-decision conference where jurors are asked any and all questions you desire regarding the case and their opinions
- Two sample verdicts regarding liability and damages
Why Partner With Derrick Law Firm?
With over 30 years of experience, Derrick Law Firm is intimately familiar with the perspectives of Horry County jurors debating personal injury and wrongful death claims. Throughout our 30-year history, we’ve developed a reputation as one of the area’s top law firms.
When you partner with us, you can be confident that we share your commitment to helping those who’ve been injured due to the negligence of others. Complete the form below to request additional information regarding how our focus group program can benefit your client.