1. Not being evaluated by EMS if you are injured to any extent.
2. Not seeking medical attention at the Emergency Room immediately after the wreck if you are hurt.
3. Not being totally honest with doctors regarding past medical history. Tell them everything!
4. Playing tough and not telling troopers, EMS personnel, and doctors each and every location of pain.
5. Talking with your doctor about legal stuff, instead of focusing only on the medical part;
6. Not keeping all medical appointments;
7. Only talking about the worse symptoms and keeping quiet regarding other symptoms;
8. Not telling doctors about inability or limitation in working and not getting a work release if needed;
9. Not doing exactly what the doctor says to do;
10. Stopping medical treatment without doctor's consent;.
11. Not treating emotional injuries if they arise after the accident; pain and disability can cause depression and anxiety, if you experience symptoms tell your doctor.
12. Not consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney about your case if you are injured. Be totally honest with him concerning the accident, your injuries and any prior medical problems you had prior to the wreck.
13. Thinking insurance adjusters are looking out for your family’s best interest.
After an accident, there are important steps to take to protect yourself as well as things to avoid as mentioned above.
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may need an experienced Accident Attorney to help you get the medical treatment you need and your medical bills paid.
The Derrick Law Firm was voted Best Attorney by the readers of the Horry Independent and the Myrtle Beach Herald and will work to get you the full value of your case and treat you like family.
Call today for a free consultation, 843-248-7486.