Your Charleston Workers' Compensation Attorney

Dirk J. Derrick
Connect with me
South Carolina Lawyer Dirk Derrick helps victims recover from car accidents, personal injury & wrongful death.

Many people are hardworking individuals that go to work each day doing their very best. Most days are routine but sometimes, these people are injured while working and need medical care or time off from their job to heal from their injuries. Workers' Compensation was created to assure that workers would be given proper medical care and attention as well be paid for extensive missed time from work.

While workers' compensation is a program that protects the interests of both employer and employee, often times injured workers find that they have difficulty dealing with the workers' compensation insurance adjusters. They may find the rules and procedures of workers' compensation in South Carolina to be challenging especially when they need medical treatment, prescriptions, physical therapy, and a paycheck.

Unless you have much experience in this subject, you may need to hire a Charleston Workers' Compensation Attorney like the ones at The Derrick Law Firm who can help you get through the process and ensure you are getting all of the benefits you are entitled to and that your case is evaluated at a fair and just rate.

What should I do if I'm hurt at work?

If you are injured on the job, you have 90 days to report the incident to your employer or manager. While you do have the 90 day time period, it is always best to report your injury as soon as it happens. Letting your supervisor know quickly gets your injury put on record and treatment started immediately. By waiting, you could cause challenges in your case if workers' compensation or your employer believe your injury might not be work related. After reporting your injury, you have up to 2 years to file a claim.

If you are unsure of how to handle your accident at work, contact Charleston Workers' Compensation Attorneys at The Derrick Law Firm for a free case review, 843-268-4345.

How much compensation will I receive for a workplace injury?

Under South Carolina workers' compensation law, you are eligible to receive 66 2/3 percent of your weekly wage up to a set amount determined by the SC Department of Employment and Workforce while you are out of work. Your average weekly pay is based upon certain criteria.

Injured workers also receive paid medical care including doctors' visits, physical therapy, surgeries, and other medical services or products needed and as approved by the workers' compensation. You may also be reimbursed for mileage to and from doctor appointments.

A final settlement may be determined by many factors including a value scale determined by the workers' compensation commission. An experienced workers' comp lawyer will thoroughly evaluate your injuries and future needs before sending a demand to settle your case.

Have You Been Injured On The Job And Need To File A Workers' Compensation Claim?

If you've been hurt at your job you need to speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Conway, South Carolina office directly at 843.248.7486 to schedule your free consultation. We are also able to meet clients at our Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Mt. Pleasant, Columbia, North Myrtle Beach or North Charleston office locations.