If you’ve vacationed in South Carolina, you know that there are many excellent venues where you can take the kids, spend time, and relax, particularly on the coast. However, a wonderful vacation with your family can be ruined quickly if you or a loved one is injured in a car accident by a negligent driver in South Carolina. If the unforeseen does happen.
Why We Recommend a South Carolina Attorney
If you’ve already left South Carolina and gone home to a different state after your accident, you might think of hiring an attorney in your area to handle your personal injury claim. While that may seem more convenient at first, here's why we recommend a skilled local attorney to handle your South Carolina car accident:
● To avoid unnecessary delays and procedural issues if the attorney in your area isn’t licensed to practice in South Carolina
● To have an experienced team already licensed to practice law in South Carolina working with you—one who knows the details of state-specific personal injury laws
● To have a legal team with a recognized reputation for handling personal injury cases
Additionally, a proficient South Carolina-based legal team can be a valuable asset in proving negligence and recovering compensation for:
● Medical expenses
● Property damage related to the accident
● Lost wages
● Pain and suffering
To bring a successful case against the at-fault driver, you need to prove that he failed to execute his duty to drive safely and, as a result, was partially or fully responsible for causing the collision. Here’s how a local attorney
can help you investigate your accident:
● Gather police reports and take statements from eyewitnesses
● Work directly with local insurance adjusters
● Bring knowledge of applicable South Carolina laws.
Have You Been Injured In A Myrtle Beach South Carolina Area Car Accident?
If you've been injured in a car accident you should speak with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Myrtle Beach, South Carolina office directly at 843.488.2359 to schedule your consultation. We are also able to meet clients at our Charleston, Conway, Murrells Inlet, Mt. Pleasant, North Myrtle Beach or North Charleston office locations.