Whether you are arguing that you are eligible for workers' compensation based on your work history or that your injury happened while working, the state agency charged with settling disputes such as these and with administering workers' compensation is the South Carolina Workers' Compensation Commission.

The Commission is governed by seven commissioners, each appointed to a six-year term by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.

The commissioners are responsible for hearing and deciding contested cases, for conducting informal conferences with employers and employees, and for approving settlements and hearing appeals. A single commissioner hears the case first. The commissioner's decision may be appealed to the full Commission, and in turn to courts at various levels.

Have You Been Injured On The Job?

If you've been hurt at your job you can speak with a workers' compensation lawyer. Please contact us online or call our Charleston, South Carolina office directly at 843.488.2359 to schedule your consultation. We are also able to meet clients at our ConwayMyrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Mt. PleasantNorth Myrtle Beach or North Charleston office locations.

Dirk J. Derrick
Connect with me
South Carolina Lawyer Dirk Derrick helps victims recover from car accidents, personal injury & wrongful death.