The Biggest Mistakes Made After You are Injured in an Auto Accident include:
1. Not being evaluated by EMS if you are injured to any extent.
2. Not seeking medical attention at the emergency room immediately after the wreck if you are hurt.
3. Not being totally honest with doctors regarding past medical history. Tell them everything!
4. Playing tough and not telling troopers, EMS personnel, and doctors each and every location of pain.
5. Talking with your doctor about legal stuff, instead of focusing only on the medical part.
6. Not keeping all medical appointments. This is very important!
7. Only talking about the worse symptoms and keeping quiet regarding other symptoms.
8. Not telling doctors about inability or limitation in working and not getting a work release if needed.
9. Not doing exactly what the doctor says to do.
10. Stopping medical treatment without doctor's consent.
11. Not treating emotional injuries if they arise after the accident. Pain and disability can cause depression and anxiety- if you experience these symptoms tell your doctor.
12. Not consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney about your case if you are injured. Be totally honest with the attorney concerning the accident, your injuries, and any prior medical problems you had prior to the wreck.
13. Thinking insurance adjusters are looking out for you and your family’s best interests.
If you or a loved one are seriously injured by the recklessness of another driver, you may need legal help to get medical treatment and your medical bills paid.
Myrtle Beach Personal Injury Attorneys at The Derrick Law Firm have over 30 years of experience in personal injury including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, workers' compensation, wrongful death, and insurance claims.
Voted Best Attorney by the readers of the Horry Independent and Myrtle Beach Herald, The Derrick Law Firm will work to get you the full value of your case.
Have You Suffered A Personal Injury Due To The Neglect Of Others?
If you've been hurt due to the neglect of someone else you need to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Conway, South Carolina office directly at 843.248.7486 to schedule your free consultation. We are also able to meet clients at our Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Mt. Pleasant, Columbia, North Myrtle Beach or North Charleston office locations.