Tractor trailer truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons.
Some potential causes for a tractor trailer accident may include the following:
- Hiring an unqualified or proven bad driver
- Lack of training on the part of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Overloaded trucks
- Trucks loaded improperly allowing material to shift
- Poorly maintained equipment on the trucks
- A tired driver who has driven too many hours without rest
- Driving aggressively
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Unsafe safety equipment
- Violating Federal standards
While there many reasons a truck accident may happen, you must protect yourself in the event of any accident you might be involved with in the future. Make sure you and your family are protected and be sure to have enough auto insurance.
Get your FREE copy of 3 Feet From Disaster from Myrtle Beach Truck Accident Attorney Dirk Derrick. This book details what insurance coverage you need and how to protect your livelihood.
You may also contact us at The Derrick Law Firm for a FREE consultation. 843-248-7486.
The Derrick Law Firm serves the state of South Carolina and has office locations in Myrtle Beach, Conway, North Myrtle Beach, Charleston, North Charleston, and Mt. Pleasant.