Tractor trailer truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons.
Some potential causes for a tractor trailer accident may include the following:
- Hiring an unqualified or proven bad driver
- Lack of training on the part of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Overloaded trucks
- Trucks loaded improperly allowing material to shift
- Poorly maintained equipment on the trucks
- A tired driver who has driven too many hours without rest
- Driving aggressively
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Unsafe safety equipment
- Violating Federal standards
While there many reasons a truck accident may happen, you must protect yourself in the event of any accident you might be involved with in the future. Make sure you and your family are protected and be sure to have enough auto insurance.
Have You Been Injured In A South Carolina Area Truck Accident?
If you or a loved one was injured in a commercial truck accident in South Carolina, you should speak with a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Charleston, South Carolina office directly at 843.488.2359 to schedule your consultation. We are also able to meet clients at our Conway, Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Mt. Pleasant, North Myrtle Beach or North Charleston office locations.