How is my workers' compensation paycheck determined?

When you have an accident on the job and are unable to work, you are entitled to compensation at the rate of 66 2/3 percent of your average weekly wage.

This amount is based on the four quarters prior to your injury, but no more than the maximum average weekly wage determined each year by the South Carolina Employment Security Commission. 

If you were working two or more jobs at the time of accident, those wages may be included as part of the average weekly wage and compensation rate.

If workers' compensation is not paying you while you are unable to work, you may need help from a personal injury lawyer.

Myrtle Beach Workers' Compensation Attorney Dirk Derrick has over 29 years of experience in personal injury law.

Voted Best Attorney by the readers of the Horry Independent and Myrtle Beach Herald, The Derrick Law Firm will work to get you the full value of your case.

Call today for your FREE consultation. 843-248-7486

The Derrick Law Firm serves the state of South Carolina and has office locations in Myrtle Beach, Conway, North Myrtle Beach, Charleston, North Charleston, and Mt. Pleasant.