How do I report an on the job injury?

If you are hurt on the job, you will need to report the accident and all injuries to your employer immediately. You should also seek medical treatment immediately, if it is needed.

If you neglect to report the injury within 90 days of the accident, you may lose access to any workers' compensation benefits. Although you must report the injury within 90 days, you have up to two years to file a claim for the benefits.

If a worker dies because of work related injuries, the worker's dependents, or parents if there are no dependents, must file a claim within two years of the death to claim workers' comp benefits.

Workers' Compensation can be very confusing and tough to handle on your own. If you find yourself needing help with your benefits, you may need a Personal Injury Attorney to get you the treatment and benefits you need.

Attorney Dirk Derrick has over 29 years of experience in workers' compensation law and will work to get you the full value of your case.

Voted Best Attorney by the readers of the Horry Independent and Myrtle Beach Herald, The Derrick Law Firm will work to get you the full value of your case.

Call today for your FREE consultation. 843-248-7486

The Derrick Law Firm serves the state of South Carolina and has office locations in Myrtle Beach, Conway, North Myrtle Beach, Charleston, North Charleston, and Mt. Pleasant.