What if I have permanent injuries or a scar from work?

If you are hurt at work and file a workers' compensation claim, you should receive treatment paid by your employer's insurance company.

When you are done treating, if the doctor releases you with an impairment rating, or if you have a non-surgical scar that can be seen at least eight feet away, you are entitled to compensation for the permanent nature of the injury. 

The amount of compensation is dependent on a number of factors, such as degree of impairment, age, educational background, work history, compensation rate, body part or parts affected, your residual functional capacity, your loss of earning capacity, and the size and nature of any lasting scar.

With so many factors involved, it may be best to talk to an experienced, Conway Workers' Compensation Attorney.

The Derrick Law Firm has over 29 years of experience in personal injury including workers' compensation, auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, wrongful death, and insurance claims.

Have You Been Injured On The Job And Need To File A Workers' Compensation Claim?

If you've been hurt at your job you need to speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Conway, South Carolina office directly at 843.248.7486 to schedule your free consultation. We are also able to meet clients at our Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Mt. Pleasant, Columbia, North Myrtle Beach or North Charleston office locations.

Dirk J. Derrick
Connect with me
South Carolina Lawyer Dirk Derrick helps victims recover from car accidents, personal injury & wrongful death.