When a person is hurt at work, they are typically entitled to workers' compensation benefits. However, the person responsible for providing workers' compensation insurance depends on the situation.

If a person is hurt and working for a subcontractor, the subcontractor would be the first point of contact. If the subcontractor does not carry workers' compensation insurance, then the owner, or the principal contractor, would be liable for the worker's injuries.

This would be just as if the subcontractor's employee was one of the principal contractor's employees.

Have You Been Injured On The Job?

If you've been hurt at your job you can speak with a workers' compensation lawyer. Please contact us online or call our Charleston, South Carolina office directly at 843.488.2359 to schedule your consultation. We are also able to meet clients at our ConwayMyrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Mt. PleasantNorth Myrtle Beach or North Charleston office locations.

Dirk J. Derrick
Connect with me
South Carolina Lawyer Dirk Derrick helps victims recover from car accidents, personal injury & wrongful death.