Can I choose my own doctor for a workers' compensation claim?

When you are hurt at work and file a workers' compensation claim, you must see the doctors they provide for you. If you would like a second opinion, you must get permission.

You may talk to the insurance carrier and see if he or she will allow you to go to another doctor, or you can request a hearing by completing a Form 50 and have a Commissioner make a determination on the case.

If you are concerned about your work injury claim, or have questions, contact Myrtle Beach Workers' Compensation Lawyer Dirk Derrick for a FREE consultation. 843-248-7486.

Myrtle Beach Workers' Compensation Attorneys at The Derrick Law Firm have over 29 years of experience in personal injury law including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, workers' compensation, wrongful death, and insurance claims.

Voted Best Attorney by the readers of the Horry Independent and Myrtle Beach Herald, The Derrick Law Firm will work to get you the full value of your case.

The Derrick Law Firm serves the state of South Carolina and has office locations in Myrtle Beach, Conway, North Myrtle Beach, Charleston, North Charleston, and Mt. Pleasant.