Am I responsible for the damages or injuries caused by someone else driving my car?

If you allow someone else to drive your car and they are involved in a car accident, you may be held liable for the damages or injuries caused by that person.

You could be held responsible if the person you let drive your car is unfit to drive and you knew, or should have known, that they were incapable of safely driving the car. This may include allowing someone to drive your car that is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

For more on this topic, read the full blog on negligent entrustment.

If you are the injured party in an auto accident, you may need a personal injury attorney to help you get the medical treatment you need and your medical bills paid.

Personal Injury Lawyers at The Derrick Law Firm have over 29 years of experience in personal injury law including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, workers' compensation, wrongful death, and insurance claims.

Voted Best Attorney by the readers of the Horry Independent and Myrtle Beach Herald, The Derrick Law Firm will work to get you the full value of your case.

Call today for your FREE consultation. 843-248-7486

The Derrick Law Firm serves the state of South Carolina and has office locations in Myrtle Beach, Conway, North Myrtle Beach, Charleston, North Charleston, and Mt. Pleasant.