Should I sign a Medical Authorization form for the insurance company?

If you are injured in a car accident and are receiving medical treatment, the at fault insurance company may ask you to sign a medical authorization form so that they may have access to all of your medical records since birth.

Do not sign ANY medical authorization forms from the insurance company.

The insurance company can use this information to deny or reduce your personal injury claim.  Also, if you go to court, the insurance company may try to hire a medical expert that will testify that a pre-existing condition is the cause of your current problem.

If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you may need a car accident lawyer to get you the medical treatment you need and get your medical bills paid.

Myrtle Beach Personal Injury Attorneys at The Derrick Law Firm have over 29 years of experience in personal injury including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, workers' compensation, wrongful death, and insurance claims.

Voted Best Attorney by the readers of the Horry Independent and Myrtle Beach Herald, The Derrick Law Firm will work to get you the full value of your case.

Have You Been Injured In A South Carolina Area Car Accident?

If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Conway, South Carolina office directly at 843.248.7486 to schedule your free consultation. We are also able to meet clients at our Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Mt. Pleasant, Columbia, North Myrtle Beach or North Charleston office locations.

Dirk J. Derrick
Connect with me
South Carolina Lawyer Dirk Derrick helps victims recover from car accidents, personal injury & wrongful death.