Char-Broil recalled their vertical gas smokers due to an apparent risk of injury after the possiblity of gas building up inside the smoker.

According to the CPSC, when the temperature setting is on "low" the smoker's hose/valve/regulator did not allow sufficient gas to flow causing the flame to go out. However, gas continued to flow and build up inside the smoker. If it was re-lit, the build up of propane could cause an explosion and burst the smoker door open.

The Product Safety Commission received five reports of doors bursting open and hitting consumers, causing injuries that included burns to the face and head, cuts, and head concussions. These smokers were sold between March 2008 and June 2010.

The CPSC urges consumers to stop using the recalled smokers and can contract Char-Broil for a free replacement hose/valve/regulator.


If you are in need of a Myrtle Beach SC personal injury attorney, Conway lawyer Dirk Derrick at The Derrick Law Firm has been handling car accidents, personal injury, and wrongful death claims in Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, and Conway SC for over 23 years. Please call 843-248-7486 today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment