School Bus Combusts
Driver Jason Hice said he heard a pop, and drivers around him started yelling "Fire!"
Hice was driving the bus from the maintenance shop to the bus yard. No students were on the bus at the time.
Apparently, the fire sparked when the turbo charger blew hot oil on the manifold, according to County Supervisor Frank Waggoner. An investigation will be conducted by his office.
Waggoner said the bus could be saved. His office rebuilt a similarly burnt bus three years ago, but it will take several months.