Woman paralyzed from E. Coli infection awarded damages

Posted on May 13, 2010

A Minnesota woman who was left paralyzed by an E. Coli infetion has been awarded damages by the meat company allegedly responsibly for providing her with the contaminated meat.

Cargill Meat Solutions, a Wichita, Kansas-based meat company, has settled with Stephanie Smith, 22, a former dance instructor. Smith was left paralyzed after eating meat contaminated with E. Coli in 2007. Cargill has always acknowledged responsibility for the infection and subsequent injuries sustained by Smith and have been providing her with financial assistance.

The exact terms of the settlement and damages awarded to Smith have remained confidential.























Read More About Woman paralyzed from E. Coli infection awarded damages...